Cybersecurity Engineer: NASA MACS Security Team
Mission Multiplier is seeking an experienced, engaging, and knowledgeable team member to provide full- spectrum cyber support for NASA at the Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, AL to serve in the role of Cybersecurity Engineer.
About this Job
This is a full-time, contract-based role, currently approved for working from home, where the person filling the position would be responsible for managing, patching, and updating SIM Tools, writing system security plans (SSP), and providing helpdesk level support to the NASA MACS Security Team.
- Perform SIM Tool ownership-related security tasks interfacing with our clients’ and partners’ infrastructure
- Develop SSP packages, and additional deployment related functions
- Manage and implement log monitoring
- Work security tasks for newly built systems to incorporate BigFix (reporting agent), SEP or DSM (anti-virus), and a central logging agent (SEM, Splunk, AlienVault, etc.)
- Run vulnerability scans (NESSUS)
- Perform helpdesk level support and assistance to the security team
- Meet patching timelines and support all system integration requirements.
- Develop, implement and monitor an enterprise information security tool
- Maintain a current understanding of the IT threat landscape for the industry
- Constantly update the cybersecurity strategy to leverage new technology and threat information
- Develop and review security policies, controls, and cyber incident response planning
- Brief the executive and field teams on status all current projects/ tasks during weekly tag-ups
- Three (3) years of experience in a combination of cyber, information security, and/or IT related field
- Strong background and experience in SSP, certification and accreditation, testing, and IT strategy and security architecture
- Excellent written, verbal, and nonverbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences at all levels of the organization, as well as third-party executives and government agencies
- Ability to develop/execute roadmaps for all high priority security initiatives, and lead cross-functional teams to drive initiatives to completion
- Strategic leadership skills to drive the company’s vision for cybersecurity while maintaining an execution-oriented mindset to drive results
- Interest and the ability to serve as a hands-on leader
- Knowledge of Microsoft O365 and its full suite of applications
- A track record of assessing threat and vulnerability from a business perspective as well as a technical perspective; and the ability to develop and champion affordable, efficient and timely security architectures and solutions that support the growth of the enterprise’s business
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Cybersecurity or related field required, Advanced degree preferred
- SEC+, CISSP, and/or CISM certifications are highly desirable
- Three additional years of experience in lieu of a college degree will be considered
About Mission Multiplier
Mission Multiplier is a HUBZone certified small business headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama. We multiply the impact that clients can make against their mission objectives by providing cybersecurity subject matter expertise and thought leadership. Our goal is to multiply the successes that our clients achieve against their respective missions, while simultaneously enabling the missions of our employees – with the end result of securing and enriching the communities we serve – through the delivery of innovative cybersecurity solutions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com